There could be a requirement where as a DBA Adminitrator you have been asked to increase the size for the existing SQL Server Database. The below options can be used for increasing SQL Server Database size.
Increase SQL Server Database Size using SQL Server Management Studio
Please find below the steps for increasing SQL Server Database size using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Connect to Microsoft SQL Server Instance
- Expand the Object Explorer and select the Database oracleappshelpDB
- Right click on Database oracleappshelpDB and select Properties
- Select Properties -> File
- Update the value for the Column Initial Size (MB) to increase the existing Database File Size. Minimum 1 MB to update to get the change reflected.
- You can also create a new File for the existing Database to increase the size. Click Add and enter the File name and the value for Initial Size (MB)
Increase SQL Server Database Size using T-SQL
The below SQL Query can be executed for increasing SQL Server Database size.
USE master; GO ALTER DATABASE oracleappshelpDB MODIFY FILE (NAME = oracleappshelpDatFile, SIZE = 100MB); GO